July 17, 2010

Prada Infusion d'Iris























It's true what they say over at Now Smell This - the salespeople at Sephora are more than happy to make up samples for you! I was in there looking for blush and ended up with a tiny spray vial of Prada's Infusion d'Iris to take home.

There's a lot to love about this one. It's flowery without being too pretty. It's cool and dry. There's a note of melancholy in its clean iris smell, not funeral flowers, but maybe a vase on top of a piano that no one's played in months. It's elegant, but in no way fussy.

Right away I got iris and the cedar. Even though there are orange blossom and mandarin notes in this one I haven't picked up on those as much. Infusion d'Iris doesn't change on my skin the way some perfumes do, it just does a slow fade.

Well, maybe it's not fair to say "slow fade." This perfume didn't last more than two hours on me yesterday. It could be the weather - it's been hot and muggy for weeks, downright tropical. The only one of my perfumes that has made it through to lunchtime lately is Coco Mademoiselle. I'm giving Infusion d'Iris another few days. I absolutely love its quiet, cold stillness. I'm already tempted to buy a bottle.

This was my first iris. So, do I like iris? Hell yes. I can't wait to try another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment